Volunteer sites in the community
There are many worthwhile organizations in our
community and beyond that would benefit greatly from
your willingness to give back to others.
Below are listed just several organizations you might
care to learn more about and perhaps volunteer to help
1) The Mustard Seed Catholic Worker - supplying meals to needy
Worcester families; (508) 754-7098.
2) The American Red Cross: For volunteer opportunities in
Central Massachusetts (click here)
3) The American Cancer Society is currently seeking volunteers
to assemble Personal Health Manager kits for all newly diagnosed
patients. These free kits are given to over 25,000 individuals
throughout New England who contact the ACS. The office on
Plantation St. in Worcester is where the kits are assembled,
stored and shipped from. An individual or small group could
volunteer to assist in an ongoing basis. They would be grateful
and every patient would benefit. Contact: Kathy O'Connor, Patient
Service Center, American Cancer Society, New England Division.
email@example.com or call 800.952.7664 X3109.
4) Tower Hill Botanical Garden: Volunteers can help to maintain
the grounds and help in the gift shop along with other duties.
5) Jeremiah's Inn: Worcester, a residential recovery program and
emergency food pantry (click here).
6) Worcester County Food Bank, Inc. at 474 Boston Turnpike,
Shrewsbury MA 01545; Phone: (508) 842-3663; Fax: (508)
842-7405; Executive Director: Jean G. McMurray; (click here)
7) Meals on Wheels and Senior Nutrition Programs
Telephone: (888) MEAL-HELP Meals on Wheels delivers healthy
meals in-home to those who cannot get out. Callers also obtain
information on the locations of various free senior lunch programs
they may assist at.
8) Abby's House is a multi-service, non-profit oranization that
assists abused and homeless women and children. (click here)
9) Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
10) Scouting programs: Girl Scouting in Central and western
Massachusetts (click here)
Boy Scouting programs: Mohegan Council Boy Scouts of
America; (508) 752-3769.
11) Little League of Massachusetts (click here)
12) Many local hospitals are in need of volunteers to help in many
capacities. Contact Univ. of Mass. Medical Center (click here);
St. Vincent Hospital (click here);
13) Ecotarium - Volunteer at an unique indoor/outdoor museum
14) Boys and Girls Clubs of Worcester - is a youth development
organization (click here).
15) Interfaith Hospitality network has a website: