FOUNDATIONS OF THE CHURCH
The Ten Commandments
(based on Exodus 20:2-17)
1. I am the Lord, your God. You shall
have no other gods besides Me.
2. You shall not take the name of the
Lord, your God, in vain.
3. Remember to keep holy the Sabbath
4. Honor your father and your mother.
5. You shall not kill.
6. You shall not commit adultery.
7. You shall not steal.
8. You shall not bear false witness
against vour neighbor.
9. You shall not covet your neighbors
10. You shall not covet anything that
belongs to your neighbor.
The Way of the Cross
1. Jesus is condemned to death.
2. Jesus receives the cross.
3. Jesus falls the first time under the
weight of the cross.
4. Jesus is met by His Blessed Mother.
5. The cross is carried by Simon of Cyrene.
6. The face of Jesus is wiped by Veronica.
7. Jesus falls a second time.
8. The women of Jerusalem mourn for Jesus.
9. Jesus falls the third time.
10. Jesus is stripped of His garments.
11. Jesus is nailed to the cross.
12. Jesus dies upon the cross.
13. Jesus is laid in the arms of His
14. Jesus is laid in the tomb.
The Seven Sacraments
Penance, or Reconciliation
Anointing of the Sick
Special Holy Days
The Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God (January 1)
Ascension Thursday (Forty days after Easter)
The Feast of the Assumption of Mary (August 15)
All Saints' Day (November 1)
The Feast of the Immaculate Conception of Mary
Christmas (December 25)
Days of Penance
The days of Advent
The days of Lent, especially Fridays